Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Well, that was sudden. . .

Hey there friends!

Well a lot has happened since I last posted something here and, as always, it deserves a back story.

Since coming home from Science Camp I have been actively searching for a job. I cannot even fathom how many applications that I sent out. I think I revised my resume/ CV a dozen times to fit the criteria for the positions. From those applications all I received was those dumb "Thank you for your interest, but the position has been filled" emails.

In late October I began looking at Americorps. From a pretty young age, my family has always stressed to my brothers and myself that a strong community is created by selfless volunteers. After sifting through a lot of different programs, I applied to a handful of them and crossed my fingers.

Right about this time I began chatting with grad school people and visited UNL. (If you want that experience you can read my earlier blogs.)

I received two interviews, was offered both positions, and that left me with a predicament of deciding where to accept. I was incredibly surprised and relieved to know that I would have a job come January, but I was only given a couple of days to make me choice.

After a lot of talking to family and a chat with someone who is a mentor to me, I made the most logical, rational decision.

I will be starting an Americorps position in Douglasville, Georgia at the end of January. I thank you my dear friends for being there for me and I hope you will join me as I start this next great adventure!

I would be happy to tell you the entire crazy story if you want to hear, just shoot me a message :D

as always,

love and hugs

-Kylie


No comments:

Post a Comment